Sunday, November 22, 2015

Christmas Songs #2 : Barefoot Santa Claus

Christmas is coming and it will get here faster than you think!  I feel silly posting about Christmas songs in November but anyone who works in education will know that it is never too early to start singing and practicing.  After all there are Christmas parties/concerts/events that need to be prepared  well before Christmas even gets going.

This year I went back to the Internet to look for some new songs/inspiration and came across this
great site (with guitar chords),  There were so many Christmas songs that I hadn't even heard of and quickly realised why.  The site is dedicated to Country Music.  

Anyway, I started to check out some of the songs and Barefoot Santa Claus caught my eye.  It was a long song but fun so I adapted it to fit my needs.  It is a nice up beat and catchy song although I will admit I haven't listened to the original version but just play it the way I want ;)  

Barefoot Santa Claus is also a great song for a Morning Circle Game or Performance.  Let the kids dress up as Santa and dance around.  You just need something red, a black belt and a Christmas hat.  I am sure they will love jumping around with barefeet!  Or you can perform this at your Christmas event.  Get a couple of kids to dress up as reindeer and stars to make this one all cute to watch!

I already sang this one with my kids and they love it.  I hope to do the dressing up part with them too.  The lyrics can be found here.  I don't have an audio file for this one but if anyone wants to hear my take on the song/my version then please feel free to post in the comments and let me know.





No comments:

Post a Comment