Sunday, October 4, 2015

Good Morning Songs #1 : Good Morning To You

I like to start my Morning circles with a Good Morning song.  I got into this habit because that is exactly what my German speaking colleagues would do.

At first I couldn't find anything suitable but over the years I made up my own and translated some I already knew.  Good Morning To You is one of those translated songs.  I have no idea who the original composer was and can't credit the melody to being my own but the lyrics are mine but are basically a direct translation.  This doesn't work very often when changing songs over from German to English so I was really happy with this one.

Some teachers like to have a song that can be sung in both languages so this is a good example.  If anyone wants the German version then please comment or send me a message and I will add the lyrics.

The song is a great way to start the day and you can use as many different actions as you want and therefore sing the song as many times as you want.  It is always good to get the kids awake and this song will do that!  Jump, stamp, clap, hug or even run around!  You decide or even ask the kids for their input maybe get some new ideas.

The text and guitar chords for Good Morning To You can be found here!  There is also a sound file below so you can have a listen to what the song sounds like.  Sorry for the bad quality...it is just me recording via my phone! ;)



If you come up with some new verses then please share them in the comments!!  





1 comment:

  1. A common good morning song used in the US is based on the tune for Happy Birthday. You can use names in the verse if you wish or not.

    For example, teacher sings alone:

    Good morning to you, Good morning to you, Good morning dear students, Good morning to you

    Class replies:

    Good morning to you, Good morning to you, Good morning dear teacher, Good morning to you

    Followed by

    Good morning to all, Good morning to all, Good morning dear classmates, Good morning to all.

    ReplyDelete