Thursday, October 29, 2015

St Martin's / Lantern Fest Songs #3 : How Many Candles

This is another Lantern Fest / St Martin's Song that I kind of wrote a couple of years ago called How Many Candles. 

I came across a song about candles to the tune of Frere Jaques.  So I didn't have the idea for this one all on my own but this definitely isn't the same song I found online.  

The melody is very easy and one that every child knows and a song that is sung in many languages.  You can even sing this one with younger children and have them repeat the words after you.  Making it a lot easier for them to learn.  Also if you have older children you can split them into groups, boy vs girl, for instance and have them since each part after each other.  

If you want to play an instrument with this one then I am pretty sure you already have the music or can find it very easily on the Internet.   The lyrics can be found here.





No comments:

Post a Comment