Saturday, October 24, 2015

Songs about the Body #1 - I Feel So Ill


Sorry it has been quiet around here this week but if you work with kids you will know that when one of the adults gets ill, all the kids are suddenly healthly.  Which is what happened to me this week.  My work colleague was ill and I had a nice full group of healthy kids!

So my evenings were spent catching up on things work wise or just relaxing.  Hopefully I will get back on track now.  Seeing as there are so many songs I have to share for the upcoming fests!

However keeping to the theme of being sick.  Here is my song I Feel So Ill.  The song is a little sarcastic and actually is more about the way kids (and even adults) will say anything to get out doing something or going somewhere.  You know those kids?  Moaning all morning then you finally give in and phone the parents and when they arrive the kid is dancing around?  Just wanted to go home?  ;)

Anyway, see if the children get the hidden meaning in this song while they learn their ailments in English.  I have only sung this one in a small group so far but the kids enjoyed it and thought it was catchy.  They also liked the song because it was a little faster than usual.  Challenging.

The lyrics complete with the guitar chords can be found here.   There is also a recording of I Feel So Ill to listen to below.  A reminder : This is just me being recorded by a phone so it is not the best quality but hopefully enough for you to hear the melody.







No comments:

Post a Comment