Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas Songs #6 : Christmas Time is Here Again

I know that 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas' is the go to song at this time of year but after all these years it is getting a little boring.  I wanted to show the kids there is more to Christmas than the old traditional song they have sung for the last four years and give them something new to add to their song collection.  After all I am with the pre-schoolers and this is their last Christmas in Kindergarten.

So I wrote a song.  Christmas Time is Here Again!

This is becoming a bit of a habit.  I just hope that other people like my songs too.  The songs are loved by my kids and this new one is no exception.

Christmas Time is Here Again! is simple, it's peppy and you can teach your kids some Christmas words.  I add a sniff at the end of the first verse, a yum yum at the end of the second verse and a Hooray! at the end of the third verse.  I also added an extra chorus at the end so the song could replace 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas'!


The lyrics complete with the guitar chords can be found here.   You can listen to a recording of Christmas Time is Here Again! below.  A reminder : This is just me being recorded by a phone/computer so it is not the best quality but hopefully enough for you to hear the melody.







No comments:

Post a Comment