Friday, December 4, 2015

Christmas Songs #7 : The Snowman Dance

The Snowman Dance actually started out as the Easter Bunny Dance (look out for that version in Spring) but I wrote that song after Easter. However the kids had seen it in my song folder and asked me to play it.  They loved it so much I decided to rewrite it for Winter.

Some of you may recognise the melody.   It is from a famous Elton John song so I have him to thank for the inspiration for this one :)

I am letting my kids sing and dance this one at our Christmas Concert.  The Snowman Dance has got to be the #1 hit this year and as soon as I play the last note they start shouting 'Again!'.

The moves for the Snowman Dance should be self explanatory if you check out the lyrics.  You can find the lyrics complete with the guitar chords here.   You can also listen to a recording of The Snowman Dance below.  A reminder : This is just me being recorded by a phone/computer so it is not the best quality but hopefully enough for you to hear the melody.

Oh and I recommend watching The Snowman (see pic).  One of my fondest christmas memories as a child is watching this when it played on TV for the first time.  I try and watch it every year with my kids at work.  They always enjoy it despite the sad ending.






No comments:

Post a Comment